Dependant refers to a person who, at the time of your death:
• is married to you, or is your civil partner,
• was married to you, or was your civil partner, when you first became entitled to a pension under your SIPP,
• a child of yours who has not attained age 23,
• a child who, in the opinion of the scheme administrator, was dependent on you because of physical or mental impairment (whatever the child’s age),
• a child of yours who was already receiving dependants’ drawdown and who reached their 23rd birthday on or after 16 September 2016,
• any other person (not married to you, not your civil partner, nor your child) who, in the opinion of the scheme administrator:
a. was financially dependent on you,
b. you and the person were financially dependent on each other,
c. the person was dependent on you because of mental or physical impairment.
Sign up to our regular newsletter, for first-rate analysis and opinion on all matters affecting financial advisers. You can unsubscribe at any time.
You can also connect with us on social media by clicking on the icons below. We are on LinkedIn and Twitter.