Relevant UK earnings means any one or more of the following types of income:
• employment income such as pay, wages, bonus, overtime, or commission and other P11D benefits.
• income from self-employment or a partnership.
• redundancy payment above the £30,000 tax exempt threshold.
• income from a UK and/or EEA furnished holiday lettings business.
• patent income, where the individual alone or jointly devised the invention.
Note: Pension income, Capital Gains, rental income and investment income is not classed as earnings and cannot be included in the definition of relevant UK earnings.
Sign up to our regular newsletter, for first-rate analysis and opinion on all matters affecting financial advisers. You can unsubscribe at any time.
You can also connect with us on social media by clicking on the icons below. We are on LinkedIn and Twitter.